Numbers on the Scale Not Budging?
It happens to the best of us. You workout. You sweat. You push. You commit. You are losing pounds. You are feeling good. Your starting to check yourself out in the mirror. Your clothes are loosening. Then, all of the sudden, it comes to a screeching HALT! All of it! NOOO! The dreaded weight loss plateau has struck again! You don’t get it. It was working! You are still killing your workouts! You look up to the heavens, raise your arms into the air and shake them while yelling “WHYYYYYY?” in your most desperate, shrill voice. If you’ve experienced a weight loss plateau then you know what I mean.
Now there is a difference between someone exercising consistently, practicing proper nutrition and hitting a weight loss plateau out of nowhere vs someone slacking a bit on their workouts, cheating a lot on their food choices and not seeing results. If you are focused in your workouts AND in the kitchen, then this weight loss plateau advice is for you. If you are struggling even to get started or to fully commit to making the right choices to get you the results you want, then click here. Odds are a weight loss plateau is not your issue. YOU are the issue, but I would love to help you! It IS possible for you to get the results you want if you are ready to do the work. Big boned? Long hours at work? No extra time? Genetics? Just had a baby? I can help you overcome any of these circumstances (aka excuses). But, a “weight loss plateau” by definition is a period of time during regular exercise at which your weight remains at the same level.
How to Overcome Your Weight Loss Plateau
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you doing the same workout routine everyday? If so, it is time to switch it up! Get off the stair stepper. Add some resistance training. If you are only running, add some intervals, etc.
- Are you lifting weights? You should be! I’m not saying you have to become a body builder, but muscle even burns calories when you aren’t working out. Perfect scenario to break a weight loss plateau! LIFT WEIGHTS!
- How is your nutrition? Are you getting enough protein and vegetables? Are you eating too little? Too much? Are you grazing? Consider trying the green faces diet for a week or two, if necessary.
- Are you close to your goal weight? The closer you get, the harder it is to lose those last few pounds. Don’t get discouraged, just turn it up a notch!
- If you truly feel like you’ve done everything possible and just can’t get over the hump, consider a natural detox. I highly recommend the Ultimate Reset. It is a 21 day cleanse where you get to eat. You need to be fully committed to the process, but if you can stick to it for 21 days, your metabolism will reset, your body will detox and many are breaking the weight loss plateau with the Ultimate Reset.
P.S. For more info on how to overcome your weight loss plateau with the 21 Day Ultimate Reset, click here!