I know steamed fish, grilled chicken and plain veggies can get O-L-D. But the good news is there are tons of healthy recipes for weight loss that aren’t bland and boring!
So, as we head into the weekend aka the time most people fall off track, I thought I would arm you with a healthy dinner and dessert recipe (yes–healthy eaters still eat dessert every now and then).
Don’t undo all of your hard work for a few bites of empty calories. DON’T DO IT!
TACO TURKEY BURGERS
4 Tomatoes – seeds removed and diced
1/2 Red Onion – finely diced
1 Jalapeno Pepper – ribs and seed removed and finely diced
2 tsp Garlic – minced
1/2 cup Cilantro Leaves – rough chopped
1 Lime – juiced
Salt & Pepper
Combine all of the above ingredients and let sit while you make the burgers. If you prefer a smoother salsa, pulse in a food processor until desired consistency. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge.
Southwest Seasoning Ingredients:
1 tbsp Chili Powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp sea salt
Mix all the ingredients together.
Turkey Burger Ingredients:
1lb Ground Turkey
1/4 c Southwest Seasoning (see above)
1 tbsp Garlic – minced
1. Combine the above ingredients, being careful not to over mix, as this will result in a gummy and tough patty.
2. Divide the turkey mixture into four and shape into patties.
3. Cook on each side about 3-4 minutes on the griddle.
4. Top with the Fresh Salsa to serve.
Makes 4 Servings
If you are following the 21 Day Fix program, per serving: 1 Red, 1 Green
Suggestion: Top with a quarter of an avocado, sliced, and serve on a toasted Sandwich Thin bun. 1 Yellow, 1 Blue
Nonstick cooking spray
¼ cup raw walnuts
¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
1 Tbsp. chia seeds
½ cup almond flour
½ cup arrowroot flour (or cornstarch), divided use
2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided use
½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
5 Tbsp. pure maple syrup (or raw honey), divided use
2 Tbsp. solidified coconut oil
2 tsp. pure vanilla extract, divided use
6 cups fresh mixed berries (blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
½ tsp. ground nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Lightly coat a medium cast iron (or ovenproof) skillet with spray
3. Place walnuts, sunflower seeds, and chia seeds in food processor; pulse to coarsely chop. Do not grind into a fine powder.
4. Add almond flour, ¼ cup arrowroot, cinnamon, and salt; pulse to blend.
5. Add 2 Tbsp. maple syrup, oil, and 1 tsp. extract; pulse to create a crumbly mixture. Set aside.
6. Place berries in a large bowl; sprinkle evenly with remaining ¼ cup arrowroot.
7. Add remaining 1 tsp. cinnamon, remaining 3 Tbsp. maple syrup, remaining 1 tsp. extract, lemon juice, and nutmeg; mix well.
8. Place berry mixture in prepared skillet. Top evenly with walnut mixture.
9. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until bubbly.
10. Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
If you are following the 21 Day Fix program, per serving: 1/2 purple, 1 blue/orange
P.S. If you want more ideas on how to slim down fast, you can access my free 3 Day Belly Blast Nutrition plan here!