We Could All Use More Fast and Easy Healthy Snacks
I know you’ve opened the fridge many a time in search of easy healthy snacks! Odds are many times you opt for convenience over health or nutritious value. Not anymore! I am going to give you some ideas that will leave you feeling satisfied and refreshed vs needing a nap after a sugar crash or packing on the pounds with empty calories. Eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult or time consuming! The key is to stock up and keep these easy healthy snacks nearby! When you fill up on nutrient dense calories, you will also eat less! So, make a plan now so you don’t get stuck racing to the vending machine, giving into the goodies at the gas station or making regular rounds to the break room in search of donuts. Easy healthy snacks can be mobile and satisfying! I promise! You don’t have to eat rice cakes 🙂 Well…unless you want to!
Easy Healthy Snacks for Everyone!
- 1 small green apple + 12 raw almonds
- 1 cup berries + 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt + pack of stevia
+ sprinkle of cinnamon
- 1/2 cup quinoa + 1/2 avocado
- 1 cup shelled organic edamame
- 3 celery stalks + 1.5 T. peanut butter
- 1 hard boiled egg + 8 whole grain crackers
- 1 medium green apple + 1 T. peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 cups of raw veggies (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, bell peppers, etc) + 1/4 cup hummus OR 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- shakeology + 1 T. peanut butter + 1 banana + ice
- whole wheat English muffin + 2 T. PB2
- Turkey Jerky
- Vanilla Shakeology Cookies (One of my all time favorite snacks, especially when the sweet tooth is flaring up! For the recipe, click here. Beware: they are amazing!)
- 2 rice cakes + 1/4 cup hummus OR 1 T. peanut butter (sweet or savory)
- 1 string cheese plus a medium apple
Digging Deeper, Jessica Bowser Nelson
P.S. Hopefully these easy healthy snacks will keep you on track and for dinner ideas, click here.