My Daily Meal Plan
Most health conscious people have not only a daily workout routine, but a food routine.
I am most definitely one of those people.
I eat close to the same thing every day with a little variety here and there. Does it get old? Not really because I choose foods I like and when I get burnt out, THEN I switch it up, but still following the same principles. After being asked several times about what I eat, I decided to share some of my personal nutritional guidelines that I abide by in my daily meal plan. These are not for everyone. This is not the only way to eat or the only way to get results. This is simply what works for me based on my goals, tastes, desired energy and what I’ve learned works best for my body over the years.
-The good news is if you’re just starting out and have no idea what to eat, when to eat or how much to eat, I can match you up with a fool proof nutritional plan to get you exactly in tune with all of these things (just shoot me a msg at email@example.com and I can get you info).
My Personal Food Commandments
- If I don’t love it, I don’t eat it. There’s no way I’m wasting calories on foods I don’t love in my daily meal plan. That’s criminal! Ha! But, don’t try to use the “I don’t like any vegetables” card either. You’ve got to incorporate healthy choices so get on the manhunt for veggies you love.
- I heart carbs. I love fancy bread and my morning english muffin, so I skip pasta, rice, sandwich bread and potatoes (except for french fries..heehee). I don’t love those carbs so it’s an easy sacrifice to make way for the carbs I love and can’t live without.
- Go green and taste the rainbow. I make sure every lunch and dinner plate is loaded with color. If your plate is brown, that’s a problem. If you are drained, you need more color. Food is fuel. Remember that.
- Eat all day vs a lot at once. I eat 4-5 meals throughout the day on small plates, with one meal being my daily Reeses Cup Shakeology. That helps me keep my metabolism soaring, keeps me from overeating, keeps me out of the dreaded food coma and keeps my energy up.
- I splurge. I eat 80% health and 20% treats. So, I’ve committed to not keeping any unhealthy foods in my house. That way, I’m not tempted to fall off track more than my allotted 20%. But if you see me in a restaurant you can guarantee there will be french fries or a quesadilla with guacamole on the table. 🙂
My Sample Daily Meal Plan
Breakfast: english muffin with PB2 (powdered peanut butter)
Mid morning: hot tea with stevia
Lunch: Spinach salad with veggies and quarter avocado and lean protein (grilled chicken or grilled fish or veggie patty); add baked sweet potato fries 2ish days a week
Afternoon Snack: Chocolate shakeology with 7 oz of water, 4 ice cubes and 1.5 T of PB2 (uh-mazing)
Dinner: Lean protein with Green Veggie (typically chicken, fish, bison, turkey, etc with almost burnt brussels sprouts or green beans tossed in coconut oil).
Now you can simply get the gist of what I do for my daily meal plan but keep in mind, you first need to decide what you want…what are your goals, how do you want to feel, what do you want to look like and then WHAT are you willing to do to get there? Decide that FIRST and the meal planning becomes easier because you are simply making choices to get you where you WANT to go.
P.S. Need help with your daily meal plan to learn what to eat, when and how much? I have a full, easy to follow plan that can help you do JUST that! For more information on price, commitment, etc, shoot me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.