15 Small Changes to See Big Results
Little things truly do add up to big things. These small changes might not seem necessary or worth it but when you combine them all together, over time, they can produce big results.
- Watching TV? Do push-ups, crunches, squats, or stretch during commercials. You’ll burn extra calories, keep your brain active, and spend less time sitting (which is really bad for you in long stretches).
- Reward yourself with clothing or new fitness gear when you hit a milestone to give yourself something to look forward to and to train your brain to stop rewarding your body with food. They have super great deals at T.J. Maxx and Marshalls.
- Go green! Dedicate 75% of your plate to vegetables and the remainder to whole grains and lean proteins. It will help you feel more full and will provide your body with necessary vitamins and minerals.
- Wear a pedometer. You likely spend a lot of the day sitting. Blast belly fat by moving 10,000 steps per day, or approximately five miles.
- Cooking? Use light olive oil instead of butter. Why not extra virgin? When cooking over high heat, extra virgin’s lower smoke point can cause it to break down into dangerous byproducts. Get bonus points for coconut oil!
- Sign up for an athletic competition to keep yourself motivated. If your goal is “getting in shape,” it’s easy to lose steam! But, if you know you have to get—or stay—fit for an upcoming race, you’re more likely to stick with your workouts.
- Reach for mustard, hot sauce, and salsa instead of ketchup, mayo, or sour cream. Why? The former have fewer calories, more nutrients, and usually less sugar.
- Plan a fun activity date, like a snowball fight, a hike, or a game of tennis. Why? Novel activities and laughter are two proven ways to strengthen the bond between you and your partner. I love crushed red pepper too!
- Eat slowly. It takes your body 20 minutes to realize it’s full. By eating slower, you’re less likely to overeat.
- Get some Zzzzs! Getting 7 to 8 hours of sleep helps muscles recover faster, the brain work better, and makes you less likely to overeat.
- Take the stairs! Park farther from the entrance! The less time you spend sitting, the better it is for your body. And, if you’re trying to lose weight, every little bit counts!
- Making a sandwich? Avocado > butter or mayo. It’s full of healthy monounsaturated fat and fiber and contains more nutrients than those other two…plus, it’s delicious.
- Replace refined carbs (like white rice or enriched pasta) with whole grain versions. Whole grains have more fiber and more nutrients and absorb slower. The result is they won’t spike your blood sugar and will provide you with longer-lasting energy.
- Rotate your playlist to keep your workout feeling fresh. If you need a fresh push, don’t hesitate to put on your own soundtrack.
- Swap soda with unsweetened, preferably fresh-brewed, iced tea. You’ll save hundreds of calories and won’t be drinking nasty chemicals. Just make sure not to drink “diet” tea or tea with weird preservatives or other chemicals. Or get super crazy and just drink water!
Were these helpful to getting you on the path to big results?
-Comment below with which of these tips you were ALREADY doing?
-And, which can you START doing today to produce big results?
P.S. Taking applications now for my GET LEAN IN 2016 private accountability where I will coach you thru getting the big results you want along with all the tools necessary from your own home. Go here to apply now.